We are now waiting on result from the KUB(xray) to see if we will be home again in our own beds tonight. Our local hospital is wonderful and they make it like home for us here, but, NO PLACE LIKE HOME, right?
They are saying if she is no worse and tolerates her feeds we can do all of this from home. She has had no more incidences of pain as when we came in. YIPPEE! Our doctor here called the surgeon in Houston and he said that his concern is that she could lose blood supply to the tissue or bowel if this were to persist. We do know that the problem Annabel is having didn't just begin. Her bowel after reviewing past xrays have indicated this problem. Why it has not been address???That is a huge question to me and I will get with her gastro next week and try to get answers. In my heart I just feel this is such a big surgery for Annabel that I need to make sure it is totally necessary. I also want to be making decisions not because I am exhausted or worn down. We have been told many things that are happening or changing as of the last few months. I think we need to step back and sort things out.
Some goals are to go home and get her healthy and eating to gain her weight back.
Get her adjusted and successful on her BiPap machine so she feel better and not so tired. Get her surgery for her urinary issues (not a big deal)then this will alleviate the need to cath. This is schedule for June 16th in Houston. We will observe and meet with drs. concerning her bowel and decide what is best for Annabel.
WORD IS IN, WE ARE BEING RELEASED!!! Thank you to everyone who have prayed for Annabel always, but especially the last couple weeks. I am going to pack up.
Love to all!