Photobucket

Friday, April 24, 2009

50/50 chance..

We are now waiting on result from the KUB(xray) to see if we will be home again in our own beds tonight. Our local hospital is wonderful and they make it like home for us here, but, NO PLACE LIKE HOME, right?
They are saying if she is no worse and tolerates her feeds we can do all of this from home. She has had no more incidences of pain as when we came in. YIPPEE! Our doctor here called the surgeon in Houston and he said that his concern is that she could lose blood supply to the tissue or bowel if this were to persist. We do know that the problem Annabel is having didn't just begin. Her bowel after reviewing past xrays have indicated this problem. Why it has not been address???That is a huge question to me and I will get with her gastro next week and try to get answers. In my heart I just feel this is such a big surgery for Annabel that I need to make sure it is totally necessary. I also want to be making decisions not because I am exhausted or worn down. We have been told many things that are happening or changing as of the last few months. I think we need to step back and sort things out.
Some goals are to go home and get her healthy and eating to gain her weight back.
Get her adjusted and successful on her BiPap machine so she feel better and not so tired. Get her surgery for her urinary issues (not a big deal)then this will alleviate the need to cath. This is schedule for June 16th in Houston. We will observe and meet with drs. concerning her bowel and decide what is best for Annabel.

WORD IS IN, WE ARE BEING RELEASED!!! Thank you to everyone who have prayed for Annabel always, but especially the last couple weeks. I am going to pack up.
Love to all!

15 comments:

my3sons said...

Great news that you can go home! I pray for a quiet, peaceful night for you both:) Katie

Laurie in Ca. said...

I am so happy that you are getting out of there and going home Cathy. I will continue praying for clarity in all of the decisions that need to be made for Annabel and the things that need to be done. I am praying for a wonderful nights sleep for the both of you. I love you both.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

The VW's said...

Sleep well tonight!!! Glad you are able to go home! I'll continue praying!

Tamara said...

PRAISE GOD!!!! YEAH!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! KEEP US POSTED!!!! LOVE YOU GIRL

Kathy said...

Yeah! Home again! Praying this time it is to stay!

Brenda said...

Oh, God Bless. I am so glad you are going home. My prayers continue to be with you all.

Much love,

Brenda

Anonymous said...

Praying for no further bowel episodes, and that you will home for so long with uneventful days that you will actually become BORED!!! :)
Love,
Lisa

Susan and Michael said...

Oh, I am so glad to hear that you guys are getting to go home. Continuously praying for you.
Love,
Susan Brewer

Yin May said...

what a blessing to have the go ahead for home sweet home. it must be hard work keeping us posted so thank you Cathy!

Lauren Ford said...

yea!!! all good news. so glad Anna is not in pain. still praying for Annabel, you and your family. thanks for taking such good care of the sweet Angel~

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

Delighted to hear you are going home; hope by the time you read this that you will both have had a good night's sleep, and that Annabel has had no more episodes of pain and sickness.

Anxious AF said...

Oh Im soooo glad!

Laurie in Ca. said...

I hope that you are catching up on some much needed rest Cathy and that Annabel is happy to be home. Praying for you both this weekend. I love you girls.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Hopefully the lack of update means you busy at home with little Annabel, getting back to "normal". :)

Penny said...

Oh I hope that you are home relaxing, (well as much as a Mom of many children gets to relax) and spending time with your children all together.

Know in your heart that Annabel is in our hearts and prayers always. Over the past few weeks she has been through so much. These new curve balls are not too big for Annabel and they are definately not to big for God.

Enjoy sleeping in your own bed!