I want to begin by saying again and again that Annabel is here because of so many prayers being offered up on her behalf. It is looking like this c-diff bacteria is being taken care of by this antibiotic. We are still waiting for the orders to be written for a type of diluted formula that her tummy will handle and see if she tolerate this.
They are having to change her from the CPAP to the Bi-Pap. We knew that this could happen eventually just not being this soon. In reviewing her readings from yesterday and last night she seems to be having more central apenea than initially thought. Her repirations become very low then this makes the saturation levels drop. She has begun to do this more during the day even without being in a deep sleep. You cannot judge these numbers as acurately when she is awake due to her moving her foot which is where the lead is. From what I understand the CPAP forces the air in at a certain level. They have moved her level twice already and had to add oxygen to that and she still had too many episodes. This is what may be inacurate, the Bi-Pap will have two levels,one that is set to forces the air in and then one that helps the air out.
I guess I am asking that if anyone has any knowledge of a child that was on C-PAP moved to Bi-PAP that they would give me information on how their child is doing. You can either comment on here or you can email me listed on the sidebar of the blog.
There has been some talk of other reasons for what could be happening if this doesn't seem to work. I will wait to share those after it is decided how she does on the BiPap the next few days.