Photobucket

Thursday, December 2, 2010

No IV's ....no antibiotics tonight

Annabel did have a better day for a while, with visitors and smiles. We are thankful and I will post pictures tomorrow. The day ended not so good with much concern from the doctors. She lost one IV yesterday and three today that were so hard to get. No one in the hospital will try tonight. Tomorrow we are praying IR (Interventional Radiology) will get her in first thing for access. Until she is 5 days without yeast in the blood stream no type of central line can be placed.
I appreciate all the prayers but please continue til this yeast is out of her blood. I did get some great news from home that our doctors will take us back to our home hospital if Annabel becomes stable. With the holidays and the thought of 21 days of antibiotics that can only be administered in hospital it is nice to know we maybe could be closer to home. Also the 21 days can't begin until she is free of yeast in blood for 5 full days, then they begin counting.

6 comments:

Hilary said...

Poor girlie!!! Will be praying for her and Momma too tonight :)

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Cathy,
Continuing to pray. Keep your eyes on today....God will take care of the tomorrows. So, hard I know. You are doing an amazing job and are such an inspiration. I can't even imagine what you are going through. I pray God is ministering to your heart in His perfect and intimate way.

With love,
Stacy

The VW's said...

How frustruating! I'll be thinking of you both and PRAYING! Hang in there Momma! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

Anonymous said...

Cathy,

I'm so very sorry for all that Annabel is enduring. This is one of the very hardest things for me to watch Ashley Kate go through. I'm not sure why the sticks for cultures, blood draws, and IV's bother me as much as they do, but it is truly miserable to be the mommy and not have the power to make them stop hurting our girls. I get so angry. Really angry about this part of our life. I'll be the first to admit I don't handle it well. I just don't. I think it has to do with the fact that Ash is non-verbal and the tears are her voice. I see it in her eyes. The pain, the confusion, the pleading for me to help. I hate it for her. I hate it for sweet Annabel.

My sweet friend please know I'm thinking of you and your baby as you face this day. I'm praying for the infection to clear. These infections are so frightening. Seeing how they can steal the joy from their eyes is so painful. My hope is for clear cultures to come back soon and for a new line to be placed. I hate the thought of you spending Christmas in the hospital. How I wish I could change it for you all.

I just wanted you to know we are here. Following each day and hoping and praying for your normalcy to return. Although I realize your normal has been redefined as of late. Love you girls. Trish and Ash

Anonymous said...

Oh geez, Cathy! I pray that the yeast is gone soon. It is going to be a long haul for you all. I hope you can get back home in time for the holidays. You are right, even if she is still in hospital it is better to be close to home.

Hope you are trying to take care of yourself. If Anabelle takes a nap you need to try to get some rest, too. Easier said than done, I now, and, if you are like me, when I am stressed at the hospital I tend to drink tons of coffee. That doesn't help with the resting, lol.

Take care, Cathy, and know that you and Anabelle are in my thoughts and prayers.

Yin May said...

Feeling the pain she's going thru with each needle poke. And the pain you're going thru as well. Hoping for the yeast to clear soon so you can be all be closer to home.