Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sleeping Beauty...


Sorry about the entry earlier but I was trying to do something from my phone and obviously I don't know how to work it.
Annabel had been doing fine. The holiday were great with all the family around. She began to get sick after going to be on Saturday night. She woke a few time with vomiting, fever and chills. I did try to pick her up and take her to the hosptial but each time she threw up more. So around 1 a.m. Sunday morning with her fever 102, I realized with the central line I needed to go to the ER. They did some testing and it was decided she had a positive strep test. They gave a round of IV antibiotic and then a prescription. I knew the ER had done a blood culture through her line but wasnt' worried because we haven't had an infection in our line ever. We were released and returned home at 7:30 a.m. She continued to sleep til around 4 p.m. and by 5:p.m. the hospital called and said she needed to return right away. It was easy to go there because that is where her pediatrician go and it is close to home.
She continue to sleep, have fever, vomiting and a culture that showed yeast in her line. We were still praying that the yeast wouldn't be found in the blood stream. Yesterday afternoon it was decided that her labs were headed in the wrong direction and that we needed to be transported to Houston for removal of this line.
We arrived at 10:00 p.m. last night and have become a human pin cushion. They did get a culture that showed yeast in the blood and schedule her for surgery to remove. She did as well as can be expected and then they took her for ultrasounds of her abdomen. I haven't even talked with a doctor yet about labs or other testing. Upon arriving here in Houston she was yellow (skin tones) and the white of her eyes are yellow. Her levels are crazy and hope that tomorrow they will tell us what all this means.
In surgery they got one IV which they needed two. With 3 antibiotics to be administered and tpn to be given, daily cultures to be draw we need more vein to access. I am hoping vascular access can come in tomorrow morning and find veins. at this time they cannot place another line until clearn blood cultures begin to return.
Thanks to all who continue to follow her journey.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear Cathy, what a difficult time. You must be exhausted. Sounds like Annabel is in good hands though.

Please keep us posted. Will be praying for a quick recovery and return home.
Barb

MY LIFE WITH BOYS! said...

Praying for Sweet Annabel. I'm so sorry that she has to go through all of this.

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

*Hugs and prayers from this side of the Atlantic*

Jorge and Carrie said...

We are praying for you, sweet Annabel!

asplashofsunshine said...

Hugs to Annabel and your entire family. There are many many prayers being said for all of you.

The VW's said...

Poor girl! I'm thinking of you both and praying too! Hugs!!!

Emily's Blog said...

I am so sorry that Annabell is so sick. Praying for the Dr.'s to know what to do. Praying that Annabell responds to her meds.
Praying for strength for you as well.
Emily

Karen said...

I love you and your baby girl! Praying for her. Love you dear friend. Karen Fahmer

Jill Smith said...

Our prayers are with you. Poor little baby girl. I hope this will all resolve soon, and Annabel will be back home soon. I wish we were closer to help out a little.
Jill

Laurie in Ca. said...

I hold Annabel tight in my prayers and you too Cathy. Praying it gets healed and you girls will be heading home soon. Love you Cathy.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Stacy said...

Continuing to pray....I am so sorry. May God strengthen you as only He can and guide your every step. Your are an amazing woman of God. Don't lose heart.

Much love,
Stacy

Tamara said...

You are in my heart and thoughts!!! Know we are all with you in prayer, sweet angle... please give her a butterfly kiss for us! We love you both so much!!!