Photobucket

Friday, April 17, 2009

The plan for now...

I must start by saying how much we appreciate your prayers and kind thoughts via emails, text, calls and comments on the post. Right now as I sit, we am thanking God that I am not making a decision on surgery. Today she has had about 25-30 min. of wakefulness. She did clap her hands and give those sweet smiles. We tried to sit her in her bed but she tired very quickly. They say she is dehydrated and toxic, among other things.
Pulmonary came in early afternoon and was concerned with how much stooling and pain she was in. They didn't like the way she looked and the increased heart rate she was experiencing. At this point we knew it wasn't rotovirus. Pulmonary ordered another xray of her abdomen and that took way too long. The doctors were in the hallway and they were getting upset that things were taking so long. After that the results were called quickly by radiology that didn't like what he saw and that pedi surgery was on their way up. This also took a little while and her blood pressures were up and her heart rate was not coming down. She continue to be basically non responsive and obviously in pain. When the doctors came they said their last resort was to be surgery. They said they were looking at Sigmoid Vulvus (sp.) where the sigmoid colon becomes twisted or something called intermittent sygmoid vulvus. Sorry for the spelling, I didn't ask him all this. They said to monitor her for a bit longer and if she continued to decline they would take her to radiology and do barium test with dye. Then have gastro do a scope from her bottom to also see what is happening. The told us that all involved would be here tonight or in the morning if surgery was needed. As they left the Physician's Assistant got the call that she was positive for C-Diff bacteria. So they all got back together being pulmonary, pedi surgery, radiology and gastro. First it was to change her antibiotic that she was placed on today for her gut to something specific for C-diff, continue antibiotic for pneumonia(this is better today) discontinue steroids(hopefully shaking will decrease) and do more IV with bolus saline. They can now give her something for pain if needed, prayers answered. If we don't see improvement soon by tomorrow or if she declines rapidly back to radiology for testing, scope, with last resort surgery, depending on what happens. I do know that God has heard all the prayers offered up for Annabel. I didn't want to deal with surgery and I am sure all is being done to avoid this. Tonight at 11:00 p.m. she is exactly the same no worse. She is non responsive and still in much pain, with heart rate up but blood pressure a little lower. I am totally praising God that she is not worse. The antibiotic just went in and they are saying that possibly 2-3 doses given every 6hrs. and we may see something change for the positive. That is my prayers for now! We will accept small steps to know that she is being treated the right thing. And yes, please God if you can hear me, just a sweet little smile from our Angel baby! Thank you, thank you...
P.S. I know without a doubt God is hearing...
I am just know getting to post this, there have been many distractions. I just peeked at her and I so want to see something positive. Right now, if I have to say something is different it looks as though her brow that has been furrowed all day in pain seems to be a little more relaxed. Thank you, Jesus for anything you allow her!

13 comments:

Michelle said...

Cathy, I am praying for your sweet princess. She is adored and loved and tho I don't comment much, I continue to read and be in awe of your little girl! I am here in Houston and would be honored to help you in any way I could... what a blessing it is to have your children and family but know you have support who check in on you and I am praying for you and your baby girl. Much love, Michelle

Lauren Ford said...

Good news~ thanks for keeping us updated~ i'm glad answers are coming your way~

Katie said...

I am constantly thinking of you girls. Hopefully pain will be lessened tonight and sleep will come in this terrible weather.

Ria said...

Know she and your whole family are in our thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

Dear Cathy and family,

Know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers at this very difficult time. I hope that antibiotic leads to a very speedy improvement for Annabel.

((hugs))
Barb

Brenda said...

Cathy, I am glad to hear they finally found something and can treat it. Annabel was on my mind all night long. Big hugs to you guys.

Love, Brenda, Jerry and Brianna

Tamara said...

Cath, its almost 7 am and I was awakened by Abby crying. I am so glad she woke me so I could then get your update early! I have been praying for little miss and will continue to do so. I have also put an urgent prayer request on Prayer For Little Angels website and mine too in hope that more will be touch and join all those praying for her and your family! I wish I could hop on a plane and be there with you. I don't like that my hands are tied, but without my ties we would have never met, so therefore I am forever grateful for them and will have to do all my praying, loving and thinking of from here in my home. I am in that room with you, hugging on you and loving you my sweet friend! Again please give my all my love to little miss! I will pray you are blessed with that little smile soon. These are the small miracles that touch us deep in our soul and the ones where God speaks the most! Such a big and awesome God so intricatly involved in our inner most thoughts! LOVE YOU!!!!!

Isaiah 43:2-3 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord, you God, the Hold One of Israel, your Savior.

Anonymous said...

I am "glad" for the C-diff finding so that the right medicines will help Belle get some relief. I am so sorry that she is in pain, I know your heart hurts as much as her sweet little body. Praying that the pain goes AWAY!!!!!! I am so glad that the doctors are watching her so closely, and have a plan - I know God is leading them! I hope Tara is ok too, she is such a loving daughter and sister!
Hoping the next 6-12 hours brings good news!
Love,
Lisa

Hilary said...

Cathy,
Praying hard for Annabel!!!!I hate that she is in pain!! hate it!! God please hear our prayers and help Annabel's doctors make her comfortable and pain free....

Laurie in Ca. said...

Praying constantly Cathy for our sweet Annabel to take a turn for the best and respond to the medications and start healing rapidly. Praying for the pain in her little body to stop and for sweet rest. I am lifting you up too Cathy, asking for peace and comfort for your heart. I love you and I am here for you.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Katie said...

As soon as I post this I am going to be down on my knees in prayers for sweet Annabel!

Kathy said...

Cathy,

I am going to leave you an email, hope you can see it soon.

I would love to talk to you but hate the thought of disturbing you and Annabel with the call.

Praying that Annabel is feeling much better this morning! Joy comes in the morning! Praying, praying, praying.
Love,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cathy, I love her so much and to hear about the pain she is experiencing is breaking my heart. I'm so thankful they found out about the C-diff. Its a nasty bug, but very common when on multiple antibiotics for an extended period of time. It makes them so uncomfortable, but it is treatable. My hope is that the medicines will kick in and do the job. Anything to avoid bowel surgery, but if that is the case then I know that God will continue to have His hand on your sweet Annabel. The pain, the dehydration, the everything rips my heart out. We love you girls and are hoping that this morning brings much relief and improvement. Trish