Photobucket

Monday, February 14, 2011

Cultures back...septic again

We have been transferred to Houston and I must say it has been a long day. I am so frustrated and this is only day one in Houston. I am lucky that my daughter is here with me and will heip for a few days. We knew last night that her line tested very quick for yeast. Today the yeast is growing in her precious body. I am not crazy about this central line but in just two months we have had 2 yeast infections growing in the blood/line. My crazy head wants this pulled and not another one put in. But realistically she couldn't get enough nutrition to survive. So now we wait for the 3rd group of people to come try for blood for the 10th stick.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

My gosh, poor baby! My prayers are with you... Especially that they will get it right.

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

**Hugs**. Half the time they pick up these infections in hospital anyway, if you ask me! Hope they can deal with this one efficiently.

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

Cathy,
I am so sorry. Praying for you all now. May God grant you His strength, and give you patience and wisdom as you wait on the doctors and be the voice for your precious daughter.

Much love,
Stacy

Debbie said...

Cathy - Please know that you and your family are in my prayers and on many prayer chains right now. Give Annabel hugs and kisses from me and call if you need a break. I'm here and ready to help when I can.
God will never leave you or forsake you!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Praying for your sweet girl!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Cathy I am praying right now for Annabel and for you. I didn't see your weekend post until today and I am so sorry for our sweet little girl. Just know prayers are being said often here okay? I love you.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Kathy said...

Praying, praying, praying!!! So glad Tara is with you two. Wish I was there to lend a hand. Know that my thoughts and prayers are.

Love you girls!!!