Photobucket

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Amphotericin B

Today has been good. We have seen more happy smiles more often and her dancing feet when she is happy. She has mostly tolerated three feedings today so far. Right now I am giving thanks for this day.
I asked the GI team today if they thought we were going to be able to bypass the terrible antibiotic Amphro B and they said they thought we would. They also said that was Infectious Diseases call. Well they have made rounds and Annabel cannot escape this antibiotic. I am so sick to my stomach because I remember all to well what happened to her just this past December. It is extremely hard on her veins. But it is overall hard on her body. As I said I am glad for today and how responsive she was. My prayer is that God will carry her through this treatment that will begin tonight and protect her sweet little body from head to toe, from inside to outside. Thank you for continued prayers.

5 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

You have my prayers of Gods complete protection over our Annabel tonight and the days ahead with this treatment she will be on. He is bigger than the meds and He knows this precious child He created. I am so darned proud of you for standing up for the feeds vs TPN and trusting your "mother instincts" God has given you for her Cathy. I admire your commitment to Annabel having the best quality in her little life. I am praying His peace and comfort all over you and for fear to leave you alone. I am exhausted for you sweet friend, in my heart as I read of the struggles and wish I could just walk in and give you a hug and just sit with you and let you just talk my ear off. So I just want you to know I love you and talking with Him a whole lot about you two girls. God has this covered. He kept my hair on my head through six months of chemotherapy when everyone else there was bald. I am even thinking that the feeds you are giving her instead of the TPN may just be the balance her little body needs to balance the effects of the Amphro B. I am trusting God to do His best in keeping Annabel safe from head to toe, inside to outside:) Praying His peace and sweet rest all over you tonight.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Lissa Gressley said...

Unfortunately that is why the call it AmphoTERRIBLE. Ask them if they will dilute it and run it over more time might be easier on her veins

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know how she is. May the med team look after her well.

Anonymous said...

I love the new background, it is so Belle
Edie

Kathy said...

Praying along with you in agreement with all your concerns and requests!!!

Hoping today is a good one for Team Annabel.

Love the new look on the blog. Tara, is that you having fun and cheering us all up??? You are such an amazing daughter. Every mom needs a daughter like you!!!

I love and am so very proud of you girls!!!