Photobucket

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The ups and the downs...

My husband's brother passed away suddenly last week...

The joys of seeing love....



Breaking a mother's heart when it is so very hard to go back...

Holding on til the last minute...


Two princesses...

One tough little girl...


Loving her Bubba...

These last few weeks have had their ups and downs. As the first photo shows we laid to rest Mel's brother, my brother-in-law very suddenly. But we know he is in a better place and not suffering any longer.

I seem to miss Tyler more knowing it was so hard for him to return. He knew what he was going back to and I guess that was reality over fantasy. I have been so blessed to talk with him via Skype and it makes all the difference to see their face and their emotions. He looks well and I am just praying and wishing him home.

The twins will be representing our home town in the local Festival. It is many events over a two week period. This was at a tea honoring them by our local Bar Association. As the festival comes to an end I will probably be sharing more pictures.

We spent a quiet Easter at my parents home for lunch. It was relaxing and quiet. My brother and his family wasn't able to attend so they were surely missed.

Wedding plans are still taking place for Derek and Linzy. The wedding will be held here at our home on Aug.6th.

I continue to be grateful for my children coming by and taking time with Annabel. She thrives off their interaction and can be very tired and they pop in and she comes alive. It is shear joy to see her hear them coming in and wait til they enter the room and she makes eye contact. She glows with joy.

Annabel continues to suffer with her UTI's. She will be having another small surgery for a dilation. Dr. J says he will do this and do this really big(ouch). He will also look around to make sure there hasn't been any trauma that could have caused a fistula (maybe from cathing) and also make sure she has no more reflux back up to her kidney. She has ran a low grade fever for most of the last three weeks. But it doesn't keep her down. She seems uncomfortable at night mainly. Even though the surgery in Jan. has allowed her to urinate on her own she still has such poor flow. This enable the bacteria to not be flushed out as is the norm. There is definite mention of a vesicostomy if this doesn't do the trick. I am not going there now and have total faith in Dr. J's plan of action.

I pray all of you are doing well and will have a wonderful springtime. Blessing to all of your families.

3 comments:

The VW's said...

Sorry that this life holds lots of downs for your family! But, I'm happy to see that you are aware of the blessings too! God Bless you and your amazing family! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Continued prayers for you Cathy and for Annabel's health to be better. You have so much on your mind and heart and I hurt for you. Praying this season goes quickly for you all and life can return to some kind of normal for you again. Know you are thought of often my friend.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

connie said...

Hey, Cathy. I read these backwards (the most recent post where you apologized for this post, first) ... One thing I find easiest about you is that you are honest. You sometimes feel guilty later on for sharing about things that are hard, but honestly, if you don't share, we don't know. Like I really needed the reminder today about Tyler, and your pictures say it all. I needed the reminder, because there is not much I can do sitting here in the hospital - I can't read anything for very long without losing my concentration. BUT, I can pray. And Tyler and his extreme sacrifice for all of us is something I can keep in mind as I pray for his safety and for you to have peace about him.