Photobucket

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Good things...


I just read my post from last night and I felt it seemed negative. Sorry! Really things are going ok here. I don't want to seem ungrateful for anything. In everyone's life things will be up and down, good or bad, highs and lows, so this is just part of life.


What I failed to mention was that while at the urologist yesterday I met a very sweet young momma. Her name is Jasmin and her little girl is Sophia. She lives there in Houston and had recognized Annabel from reading her blog. Her little girl has a form of T18 (mosaic) and will be 5 years old in May. We are going to get our little girls together and we can't wait. She was so full of helpful information, concerning programs, medicines, hair products (her daughter has very curly hair). I found myself wishing I could have waited longer in the waiting room just so I could continue talking with her. Also, I forgot to take a photo of her holding Annabel. So, good came out of this visit. Thank you Jasmin for recognizing us and saying something.


Also this weekend I will be traveling to Houston to meet another family who will be in Houston while her husband does some work. Her little girl is Christina, T18 and she is 3 years old. Hopefully we will have dinner on Sunday evening and then spend a little time Monday before I travel back home. I probably sounds so crazy, but it is such a blessing being in the presence of a child who shouldn't even be living, if you believe in the stats. Of course, this brings back memories of my trip to Houston to meet another family. The Botts, who have since lost their little girl. To Brenda and Jerry, I think of Brianna so much. She made a huge impact on our life and don't think I will ever forget this little girl.


So all in all, good things are going on. I have always wanted to reach out and be reached out to with Annabel's blog. Medically it is so important to have a source to share with other families. Emotionally, it is also very important. Thank you to everyone who share in Annabel's journey!

5 comments:

Mrs Redboots (Annabel Smyth) said...

I am glad there are so many good things in your life - but, you know, you're entitled to feel down and miserable sometimes, when you're grieving over the loss of a family member, or for Tyler going back to his training. Even our dear Lord wept at his friend's grave.

Colleen said...

It's so encouraging to share with others who might share a similar journey. I'm glad I found your blog!

Aimee said...

She is such a blessing every time I see her picture.

Growing into such a beautiful young lady.....

Kathy said...

So excited you two girls made new friends at the doctor's office!
God is so good. Friends are the icing on the cake of this life. You four will have much to share and what encouragement you will be to each other!

This adorable dress is one of my favorites on Princess Annabel. Too cute!!!

We thank YOU, Cathy for sharing with us and don't apologize for sharing your feelings and concerns. That's what friends are for!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

That is great that you are meeting other T18 parents! :) I would be very interested in hearing what hair products you two discussed. You've seen my Peanut's hair!