As we sit here in the hospital I will still be grateful for the wonderful month we have had free of cathing, oxygen or bi-pap machines. She is still on very few meds and I know her gut is doing so much better.
This past Wednesday night Annabel had very little urine output and seemed to be in much discomfort until around 5 a.m. when I realized maybe I should cath her. This relieved her and she feel asleep. I knew the lack of urine wasn't due to dehydration because she was still eating all her meals and taking in all her liquids through her tube feeding. Thursday evening Dr. B suggested a urinalysis and it came back with an infection. But we still had to wait for the culture to see what it grew. This evening around 5 p.m. Dr. B called and said it was psuedomonas and that she needed to be admitted and given IV antibiotics.
Yes, I guess I am a little frustrated in that it has only been barely one month since her surgery. I truly am being selfish and I so hope that we don't go back to cathing. Dr. B say we will have to call Houston to be seem when we are discharged. I am sure this is just one occurrence and if it persist there will be an alternative to cathing.
Overall, as you can see from the picture she looks well. Except for looking uncomfortable when she urinates she has been very smiley and playful. Don't think that much will be going on in the next week, she is saying 7 days of the antibiotic given IV.