Thursday, September 11, 2008

Praying that God will still the waters....


Some have called and inquired about whether we are leaving or not. Due to the late notice of the evacuation (30 hrs. vs. standard 72 hrs.) I don't feel it would be a good idea to get on the road for a possible 20 hrs. ride to Dallas which would normally take 5 hours. I can't imagine doing that with Annabel. With all the other storms we had more warning and I was able to evacuate at the same time as the special needs. By staying I was always feeling negligent with not leaving with Annabel due to her special needs. But as of this a.m. @ 6:30 we were told we were under emergency evacuation. They were not phasing this in, just everyone including special needs were all leaving together. They are limiting our access out of town and I can't imagine being in traffic that occurred during Hurricane Rita. At this point, I am feeling negligent to try to leave with her. I am not praying this storm go and cause destruction anywhere else, just that it path may go to an unpopulated area. Please pray for us that I have made a wise decision and for all the families who are encountering the same situations. As long as we have power and I am able I will try to make updates. I don't think we are expecting anything under later tomorrow afternoon. So we will be hunkering down for hopefully some good family time.

9 comments:

Jenna said...

We are praying hard that the power stays on, you stay warm and everyone is left out of the storms path.

The VW's said...

I'll be praying! I understand your decision for sure! Stay safe and enjoy time with your family! God Bless!

Kathy said...

Praying, praying, praying in the name of Jesus that this storm called Ike will turn and go back to the ocean. That it can cause rain but no damage. Thank you Lord!!!

You are full of mercy and grace and we thank you in advance for protecting our loved ones the Shelanders and all other people who are weary in evacuating and we are trusting you to keep them safe.

We come together agreeing in spirit
praising your name, Lord and trusting that you will keep them safe for you are the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. In Jesus name! Amen!!!

Jessica mommy to Alex/ RTS said...

Praying.

May said...

Hope the storm spares your family and this difficult time passes soon. **fingers crossed**

Cathy said...

Thanks to all for their prayers. At this point it is going to be a direct hit. But they say once it hits it should move quickly up north, so by Sat. evening things should be better depending on the damage.

Laurie said...

Praying Gods safety over you and your family during this uncertain time along with all the other families in Ikes path. Hoping it passes quickly and that your power stays on. I love you Cathy and pray your family stays safe in His arms.

Love and Prayers, Laurie in Ca.

Hilary said...

PRAYING!!!!!

Ashley said...

Hoping you, your family, and your home are untouched by this storm. I think under the circumstances you made the best decision you could. We will be thinking of you guys, praying for you, and checking on you. Take care my friend. Trish