Photobucket

Friday, March 27, 2009

URGENT...

I am writing to make a plea for this precious family in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. She is 30 weeks along and is finding no help/hope for her baby girl. She is diagnosed with Trisomy 18 and diaphragmatic hernia. She was told that if their baby would not have Trisomy 18 that they could operate immediately to remove pressure from the lungs and heart. We all know the reality of this terrible diagnosis. But we do know that there are those that survive! She needs help and she needs hope. I am a firm believer that if God wants this beautiful child home he will take her right away. If she has a chance at surviving, it is my prayer that someone will step in with the name of a professional that can help this family. I am going to copy her letter her so you can all read it. Please if anyone can offer help with information you can comment and I will pass this onto the family.


Cathy:

After meeting with a new doctor, I really thought we would find some hope. Apparently not. Be are told that because of our baby's diagnosis, there isn't a doctor who will touch her. Our little girl has full T18 and a diaphragmatic hernia. In healthy babies, they would perform a hernia surgery almost immediately to relieve the pressure on the lungs so the baby can breathe. But with a baby who has T18, forget it. I am crushed that the doctors won't even give her a chance. That's all I want for her - to have at least a chance at life, and we are being turned away meeting after meeting. I even got a few phone numbers for Dr. John Carey, if you have heard of him, but haven't heard back from him to see if he can shed some light on anything. I hate to give up, but maybe we just don't' have the resources to get what we need. I am at 30 weeks now, and the doctors are fairly sure she will come early, probably anytime before 37 weeks. I feel like I am running out of time. If you have any thoughts, let me know. Otherwise, thanks for listening. I know you understand.

Kathleen


Above is a picture of Annabel. Just a reminder that this is what we were told had no chance at life. Take her home and love her, she will die! SHE IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH LIFE! God gave her life and he must be the only one to take that life. Praying that someone will be God's hands here on Earth!

18 comments:

my3sons said...

I am sorry that I can't be of any help. I will say a prayer for this precious little one. So sad that these Dr's are playing God with someones life. It isn't there place. Every child deserves a chance at life regardless of the dx. Your sweet Annabel is proof of that:) I hope someone will comment with some help for this baby. Katie

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Oh my gosh, that is heartbreaking! How can the doctors refuse to treat the child based on a diagnosis? They are not God!!

I hope that she can convince someone to treat her baby like a BABY, and not a diagnosis.

Laurie in Ca. said...

I am on this and praying hard for Kathleen and her precious baby girl. Praying for a compassionate doctor to be found, a doctor who stands behind their oath they have taken. A doctor with courage to step out of their comfort zone and use the gift God has given them for the life of this baby girl. You can count on my prayers Cathy and I will email her and encourage her in any way I can. I love you for letting us know.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

LF said...

Pediatric Surgical Associates
7000 West Plano Parkway Suite 200
Plano, TX
75093

Dr. Darrell Hermann (go to him only)

He is a really good Christian Dr. Lives a simple life so he can give to less fortunate. (He has put over 30 students in need through college). However, is is rated high for pediatric surgery here. I hope this helps.

LF said...

Darrell Hermann M.D
Email: psa_dallas@msn.com
Work: 214-486-9300

my3sons said...

I was thinking that maybe Angie Smith could put up a post about this. She has so many followers. Just a thought...

Krystal said...

As I don't know of any physical way to help, I'll be praying for Kathleen, her precious baby, and the rest of her loved ones. Does Kathleen have a blog? I'd love to contact her (simply) and tell her I'm praying.

Mrs. Mother said...

Tell her to contact the Trisomy 18 Foundation. Victoria Miller, the founder, may be able to help her find someone.

connie said...

I don't have more to add than what I sent you by email ... but I think what LF sent sounds by far the best!! Thank God!

I'm so glad for Annabel, and the hope she gives us all, and that you have a blog so others can find you.

Penny said...

Sending all the prayers I can for this sweet family. Nobody should be told that their baby doesn't deserve a chance......

More people need to see the beauty in Annabel....... such a gift from God.

Praying for this family to get the peace only God can give right now.

The VW's said...

Praying for this mother and her unborn child!

Anonymous said...

I will pray for Kathleen and her wonderful child and all the other children of whom do not have a voice.

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for this mother, and my prayers are lifted.
Edie

LF said...

Don't give up. I am working on a second DR. option in DFW for your friend .I should have some information soon.

Please let me know how Dr. Hermann works out.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cathy,
I am so excited about the info in the comments you have received! See, you are not only Annabel's angel, but God needs you for other precious ones as well! Hooray for your courage in life, and in "blogging"!!!!!
Love,
The Bond Family

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Cathy,
This is just unfathomable. I just do not understand. I am praying that the Dr. LF is working on will be who God puts in this baby's life. Yet another reminder of our precious babies and their purpose -sweet Annabel "picture of hope", "picture of life!". I will be on my knees. I have no contacts but if you need me to do anything from here please let me know.
Love you,
Kim

Kathy said...

Hi Cathy!

Hope you have read the email I sent with a personal recommendation. Realize it's aways from Texas. I hope they check this wonderful doctor out.

Did you ever see the beautiful picture of the baby in utereo being operated on and reaching out and holding the surgeon's hand? That was a picture from Vanderbilt Children's.

The picture circulated online before I met you, otherwise I would have made sure you saw it! Precious!!!

Love and hugs and kisses to Annabel!!!
Kathy

debbie said...

Twenty-one years ago God gave us a Trisomy 18 daughter diagnosed with a diaphragmatic hernia. We delivered three weeks late with the same assumption of early delivery. We prayed for healing knowing there was nothing the doctors would do. The 15 minutes God gave us with her were precious enough to last a life time. Take pictures, love her and know that even if the doctors won't heal her. She is healed perfectly. You will see her again - never forget that.